Some things I plan on doing while in Vic B.C.
All great ideas from this great site: 125 THINGS TO DO IN GREATER VICTORIA BC . . . and counting!
- Take a scenic tour around Victoria - a city with world famous gardens and ambiance.
- Soak up the entertainment (buskers), artists, and tasty treats in the Inner Harbour.
- Visit Butterfly Gardens
- Visit the Victoria Bug Zoo.
- Stroll through Beacon Hill Park - take in the Petting Zoo, Goodacre Lake, the free putting green, the summit lookout, behind the zoo and in the spring, the heron nests on the west edge of Goodacre lake
- Visit one of the rugged and beautiful West Coast Beaches past Sooke
- Try ocean kayaking
- Swim in the Sooke Potholes
- Visit Miniature World at the Empress
- Fabulous Fireworks at Butchart Gardens Saturdays during July and August
- Visit the Victoria Art Gallery
- Wine tasting and tours at 3 Saanich Peninsula wineries. It’s a lovely way for visitors to spend an afternoon in the area. The wineries are: Marley Farm Winery, Chalet Estate Winery and Victoria Estate Winery. I’ve included their website addresses below for verification purposes.
- Visit historic Rogers' Chocolates. It is in a historic building and is famous for their cream centre chocolates. Check out the history of Rogers' Chocolates and Charles William Rogers (founder).
- Discover the Past Tours - Victoria's history is rich and exciting. Discover the Past Tours reveal fascinating stories about the city's archaeology, architecture, art, spiritual sites, haunted places, natural history, gardens, parks and a host of characters. Click on our website for the full description, calendar and rates of our scheduled tours that take place throughout the year. Or arrange your own custom tour for groups of any size. Scheduled tours include "Ghostly Walks" in July, August and October and "Neighbourhood Discovery Walks" from January to April. Tours are conducted by John Adams, well-known historian, author and guide who pioneered walking tours of Old Town in 1971.