Thursday, February 17, 2011

Mascara Sampler

For Christmas, My lovely Mother gave me this:

(Picture Viz Personal)


A Mascara Sampler & Certificate. This box includes 6 mini-mascara samplers and a certificate I can redeem for a full size mascara of my choice, once I have tried them all out and picked my favorite. And they are not the cheap kind either. All are name brand and top quality, ranging prices of $25 to $40+ (depending where you shop of course)


I quickly narrowed my choices down to 2: the Wonder Perfect by Clarins and Lancome's Definicils Mascara


I found Quo "Pump up the Volume", Elizabeth Arden "Double Density, BareMinerals "Flawless Definition", and benefit "BadGal Lash" less desirable because the brushes were too big and puffy for what I like. I prefer a smaller brush with separating power, otherwise I find my lashes just clump together. If you like a thick, full brush, you might like to try any of these.


My final test included my trip to Punta Cana. The samplers were perfect sizes for my airplane carry-on. I took my top 2 choices Clarins & Lancome.

Side Note: I definitely noticed the need for waterproof mascara while traveling. Neither of these two were water proof, so I will continue to use Maybelline Lash Stilettos for such events, as this is my tried and true waterproof mascara choice from years past.

(Image Via Google Search)

After a week away, and only these two mascara choices, I came to a conclusion.

The Lancome was too skinny with sparsely placed bristles. It did not give me enough umph in my lashes.

Clarins Wonder Perfect held out the best of all. It gave me the most coverage and definition. And I love the brush! The bush head was a perfect dimension of rounded and semi-thick bristles which coated and gave volume to my eyelashes.




(Picture Viz Personal)

I highly recommend this set as a gift for any fabulous lady! A girl can never have too much make-up ;)

And Remember - it is recommended that you replace (or thoroughly clean) your make-up and utensils every 3 months. Germs and infections spread most easily on make-up utensils like mascara brushes.

No comments:

Post a Comment