Friday, October 1, 2010

School, Life Changes, Work, and ...Disney Movies

Yesterday was my last day of College! - And hopefully the last day of school I'll ever have. - I finished my last final exam and met with my career advisor one last time. I signed off on my placement sheets, and had the inspirational - "You're going to be somebody great!" - talk with her one last time. Another chapter in my life has closed.

I feel liberated. Accomplished. Capable to find my way in this world. For once in my life, I'm not afraid of being jobless. I'm confident in who I am and what I'm going to do next.

Naturally, I celebrated by going shopping. It's my last chance to use the "Daddy,I need money for school supplies" line, but substitute "school" with "Work"; as they are helping me this one last time to get set up and on my feet.

I bought a cute filing folder; A bright green desk organizer kit; binder sectionals; pretty pens; Business Cards and my big buy, a new Rolodex!

I've aways wanted one for some strange reason; but never had a reason to buy one.... Until Now! It makes me feel pimpin like Micheal Scott. Like I have a whole Rolodex of friends at my finger-tips !

I spent my afternoon prepping for my first day at Sunlife; organizing all my new purchases neatly with all the swag they gave me... A.K.A figured out what to do with the ugly lunch box they gave me...and debating wether that sunny pin they gave me would clash with my bling...

(See the sweet tote bag I got, and the not-so-fab-lunch box...)
Then, I spent the night watching my favorite Disney music videos on Youtube! Singing along at the top of my lungs, and feeling GREAT!

I know, I rock; and you're dieing to be an insert in my Rolodex now aren't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment