Wednesday, August 25, 2010

New Friends and BBQ


Tuesday Night Big D. and I went to a BBQ with our new "baby-family" friends. We've never had close friends with kids before, so this is a new adventure for us. Like looking into our near future.
It was a wonderful night! we had 4 families get together, and everyone brought a side, with their own "meat/veggies" for grilling. We could have fed a small army with all of the food we had! Some of my favorites were:
  • homemade potato salad *with a special ingredient* by lady J.
  • Spinach and cheese dip from M&M meat shop - sooo yummy! by Big D and I.
  • Ultimate Ceasar Salad by Lady J.'s friend

And then the parents had fun trying to scar Big D. and I out of having kids. They told us stories of their kids not eating for days in rebellion; poop flying toddler frenzies; endless crying; and grandparents spoiling their kids. I just laughed. Seeing these parents playing with their kids in the yard was too adorable to let the stinky stuff ruin it.

My friend Lady J.'s husband reminds me of my friend Dus. At first I wasn't sure about him, but then I realised who he reminded me of; now I'm more than excited to spend more time with him and Lady J. as I know exactly how to handle the situation. He has this funny mean humour about him. always testing you and poking at your buttons. I find it very entertaining.

and then Sadly, Big D. and I had to leave as it got dark and cold, and we had come on the motorbike.

I can't wait until the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment