Wednesday, August 4, 2010

My Church

Here's a little bit about the place I grew up in.

Trinity United Church

I went to sunday school. Completed Confirmation. Joined CGIT - Canadian Girls in Training.
I eventually started teaching Sunday school when I was in high school. My best friend at the time, Dustin, taught with me for a few years. I had 3 different years in teaching the 5 year old class. They were so sweet; and this volunteer work really made my life more complete.

I volunteered as a leader of CGIT after I graduated from that program.

My mother played a big role in volunteering at our church aswell. Between the 2 of us, we attended every tea luncheon, cooked for every pancake breakfast, went to quilt shows, and every church related charity event that was held there.

All of the older ladies in the chirch watched me grow up there. They became very good friends to my mother and I. We gained a whole other family, and to this day, I feel that I have a few dozen grandmothers; and I am so blessed.

Then I was accepted into St Thomas University here in Fredericton NB.

I left my church behind and ventured into a world of young-adult shenanigans. I miss the involvement I had very much. My Fiance is not the church-going type. So I have not real push to get back into it; only ridicule and rude remarks about "jesus-people" when I mention it.
I am getting maried in my church next year! That is one church day my Fiance will not be getting out of! But He's very happy to do it, because he knows how much it means to me.

2 comments:

  1. looks nice! I am also getting married in Trinity United Church but mine home in Riverview!
    You might consider checking out Wilmot United Church in Fredericton, theres a nice community feel there without being over bearing

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the big white and blue one downtown right? Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete