Sunday, April 11, 2010

Slave to the machine

i met a girl at a party last night who reminded me of why facebook can be a good thing. I still reserve my place at the anti-facebook table, but today I made an account.

This girl was really cool, funny, smart; and said to me, "you're awesome, we need to hang out again, I'll add u to facebook and we will make plans."

so today I thought about it; and I have another friend who has made tones of new girl friends this way. So I've decided that the social card is an asset. To keep it low key, I signed up under my soon-to-be hubby's last name. and had the warm fuzzy moment when I got to click the "I'm Engaged" button! I'm trying real hard to find the silver lining in this one, lol.
Also, Big D's bday is coming up and there are so many people who completely flop out on parties and events if they aren't informed and reminded through the events app on FB. I can tap in to his friend basis and make sure all the right people are invited.

Super exciting event! Superman theme Birthday party! I spent a tone of decorations and other superman related "surprises", and it's going to be amazing! And, most importantly, I'm sending out invitations old school; cards delivered by hand! of course, I will post the event on FB for those who are slaves to the machine, but the important thing is the personal touch of a formal invitation.

1 comment:

  1. Well i myself never found these sites great. But nevertheless these can turn out pretty good, esp for bloggers. I have the best of friend circle in the blogging fraternity- thanks to these social networking sites..

    and hey congrats.

    ReplyDelete