Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Sleepwalking

My Fiance has a tendancy to sleepwalk. The first time I encountered this, it was not a big deal. He mumbled and had a little conversation with me, then went back to sleep. It took place around 3am in the morning.
Everything eas fine. When he would get up and wander late at night, I would dirrect him back to bed, and that would be that. Sometimes I would ask him about our late night "chats" and he never has any recollection of them, or of his wandering durring the night.

This has gone on since we moved in together. No big deal. Until....

He had bought a few new "fighter" games as I call them. The ones where you run around and stab and shoot people. And he had been playing them non stop for 2 days. Literally 24 hours a day, only stopping to grab a beer, and txt his friend who was playing online with him.
That night, I woke up around 4 am, to my beau propped up on his elbow, leaning over me, and hitting me in the back, in a stabbing motion. I had to scream at him to get him to stop. Then he layed back down and went back to sleep. Next thing i hear, the cat knocks something over in the corner of the room and I freak out and start crying. the beau wakes up, thinking I'm having a bad dream!

The next day I start researching Sleepwalking. I found this site which was very helpful.

After that episode, I put the poor guy on a play time restriction. We haven't had any negative situations since.

So This morning at 5:30am, I was woken up by the Beau, Talking to himself. It was the same phrase over and over again: "Why are you reversing? Because I want to go Backwards!"
I couldn't help but laugh to myself. And then I couldn't get back to sleep. So I had lots of time to think about life. and Blogs. And I decided It would be a good topic to blog about.

So, look forward to more sleepwalking blogs on my Beau and helpful tips.

No comments:

Post a Comment