Friday, March 8, 2013

My Whole30 Program #2

This is the first time I'm attempting the Whole30 program, and my second post relating to my adventures in the Whole30.



I've always been envious of people who have lunch hour fitness-work-breaks paid for by their employers. I often do not find time for lunch in my job either.

I've started what I like to call the Break-time-marathon. When I get a down period in my day, I take a break and hit the road!  This is my get fit during work plan; which incorporates activities into my work day to help live a healthier lifestyle, and helps me feel good and take necessary time outs for stress relief.

 One thing I already do (and blogged about here) is sit on my exercise ball instead of a chair.

I have now added the Break-time-marathon to my day: Walking a loop that takes about 15-20 minutes depending on your speed (hardly a marathon. I know. I just like the name). It has the prefect up hill and down hill sections, where you can walk either uphill at the beginning or down hill at the beginning depending on how fast you want to start your walk or end it.

  Today I did the loop in 17 minutes at a brisk but smooth pace. And I was smiling from ear to ear when I walked back into the office. I really feel rejuvenated. The sun was shining and the wind was blowing, cool and breezy.

There is a corner store at the mid-point of my walk where I like to pick up Vitamin Water(it's my weird guilty pleasure which started during one of my trips to NYC in 2008). I'm not sure if this is much better than juice, but I sure do love it. I wonder if this stuff meets the Whole30 criteria lists...

No comments:

Post a Comment