Thursday, April 19, 2012

Horse Shoe Necklace


I'm in love with this look!


I first fell in love with the horse shoe necklace as S.J.P. wore it on set for Sex and the City.

Sometimes we all need a little extra luck. and this is such a tasteful and fabulous way to get it. 

I also only like to wear the horse shoe 'open-end-up', and could never wear something open-end-down.

Once upon a time, when I was a little girl, someone told me that the horse shoe holds good luck. and you have to carry it open-end-up, like a bucket full of water, to keep the luckiness from spilling out. and if you tip it up-side-down, then all the luck will run out.

This is why you will see horse shoes nailed over doorways of old country houses, and in old country movies, for dramatic effect, a door will slam and the horse shoe will fall over; resembling a negative omen.


While obsessing about buying a new piece to add to my collection, I found this wonderful website with tons of Sex and the City inspired gems! Check it out. If you love the SATC series as much as myself, and all the glam, you will definitely love this site!

No comments:

Post a Comment