I'm on the hunt for a new lipstick today.
I've done some google-ing on what lip shades go with what skin tones.
From "Easy Makup Guide"
For dark beige and bronze skin:
- a deep cool red lipstick with a burgundy tone is perfect for you.
For ivory and light beige:
- I recommend a cool true red. However, if you have a very fair complexion, look for a red with a pink tint to it.
For pale skin & red hair:
Avoid: blue reds.
- Very pale with freckles, and burns easily you have pink (WARM)undertones.
- choose terracotta reds or deep brick reds which complement skin and hair.
Medium skin, mid-brown hair:
Avoid: tomato reds.
- choose COOL reds such as berry reds or deep raspberry.
Fair skin, blonde to brown hair:
Avoid: terracotta reds.
- you have mostly pink undertones.
- try blue-red lipsticks as these make skin appear creamier.
Olive skin, brown hair:
- Go for tomato reds or deep burgundies to make skin look brighter.
And then I shuffled threw some YahooAnswers.com and found many people promoting Pink and Pale Pinks to go with my tanned skin tone.
I'm still a big fan of the red. So I may buy a red and a pink, but definitely going to try a pink today. Thank you beauty queens for sharing your tips and tricks with my blog world.