Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Life, Choices, Changes, and the Men who hold me back

Ever have that friend who has so much potential in life, and could do anything or go anywhere; But they dont, because they are following a man around?

I'm that friend.

I've recently been made aware of this fact.
As shocking as it is to realize that I let others make my life choices for me; I still lack the courage to venture out into my own pathway through life. afraid I may end up alone.

I defend myself by saying, I'm a sucker for love. I live for the day when I may find a man who fits neatly into my faux-perfect life. I'm hopelessly chasing the red dragon called love.
which brings me to my current dilemma.
I've been ever so persuasively talked into teaching abroad. The travel, and accommodations would be paid for. I would be able to pay off many of my recently incurred debt. and the experience of a lifetime awaits.
But...
I've met a new man who has so much potential to be the one for me. (I know I sound ridiculous and cliche) I've hit a honeymoon period in my new relationship; and I am scared of letting it go. Perhaps there will be many more loves in this life. But I'm so enthralled with this man already, I dread leaving him behind and perhaps making a mistake in love. I am again that girl who has potentially put her life on hold for a man.

Do I Stay or Do I Go?

No comments:

Post a Comment