Monday, November 28, 2011

The Lipstick Lesbian

I've had some very deep conversations with people about what "type" of Lesbian I am. This led me to do a little digging for those of my other friends who are just confused by the whole situation.

Here's just a couple definitions for reference:

Gold Star Lesbian
A gold star lesbian is a lesbian who has never slept with a man and has no intention of ever sleeping with a man.

Lone Star LesbianA Lone Star Lesbian is not a lesbian from Texas. A Lone Star Lesbian is someone who has only had sex with one person in their life. Straight and bisexual people can be Lone Stars too.

Lipstick Lesbian
A lipstick lesbian is a woman who loves other women, but also loves her clothes and makeup and shoes. She tends to dress on the femmy side. Also known as Femme or Fem.

Chapstick Lesbian
A chapstick lesbian is also known as a soft butch or androgynous. She usually dresses quite casually and does not wear make-up. The term Chapstick Lesbian was popularized after an episode of the TV show Ellen. Someone asked Ellen if she were a lipstick lesbian or what. Ellen replied, she was more of a chapstick lesbian

Butch
A woman who adopts what would be considered masculine characteristics.

Power Dyke
A Power Dyke is a lesbian who has gained a position of power, either within the LGBT community, or in the world at large. She could be the head of a non-profit agency, a politician or successful in business. Also known as Power Lesbian or a Suit.


Definitions from : Label Me Lesbian


They love to call me the "Lipstick Lesbian" ... I take this as a compliment. but really dont wish to be defined. and I guess you all want to know what "type" I'm into... haha.
I also like the lipstick lesbian. people who take care of themselves and care about they way they look.

on a second note:

Can I also say; it really bugs me when guys say "Oh, I can turn you back. just give me one night!"
Hey mother fucker; you've totally missed the whole freakin point. If I wanted a penis, (one I know works every time) I'd call my FB. Not You!

No comments:

Post a Comment